Having worked very successfully with the RCGP in the South East Thames area, we are pleased to announce our first event in the Thames Valley region. Our aim is to equip healthcare practitioners with the skills and confidence necessary to diagnose and manage allergic disease in the community. This time we focus particularly on allergic disease in the school age child. This day is particularly targeted towards doctors and nurses working in the primary care setting, but any interested healthcare professionals are welcome to attend.
Learning Objectives include:
- To identify allergic disease amongst school-aged children
- To initiate robust management of allergic disease and determine when referral is warranted
- Understand how to optimise device usage to gain control of allergic disease
- Recognise and take steps when allergic disease is complicated by safeguarding concerns.
Topic Highlights include:
- Assessing risk of anaphylaxis and prescribing adrenaline
- A diagnostic approach to the wheezy child
- Management of eczema in primary care.
Who should attend:
- General Practitioners
- GP Registrars
- Foundation Doctors
- Practice Nurses
- Community Nurses
- School Nurses
- Health Visitors.