The Allergy Academy are delighted to announce that we are hosting the South London Paediatric Asthma Network Day in Summer 2023.
On Wednesday 14th June 2023, we are inviting both local, national and international experts to enable discussions about all aspects of asthma in childhood, including asthma management in practice, approaching asthma as an MDT, the pathophysiology and development of asthma, and new approaches for the 21st century. This will be a day to enable all members of the MDT across Community, Secondary and Tertiary asthma care networks as well as researchers to come together, learn from each other and raise standards.
This Network Day will be an in person, face to face event at St. Thomas' Hospital, London, to maximise all networking and clinical discussion on the day. There will also be a hybrid option available for those unable to travel.
This Network day is suitable for all health care professionals working with children who have asthma, emphasising equity of access, prompt and evidence-based treatment in accordance with GINI, BTS and NICE guidance.
- Update on asthma management, including the updated guidance from GINA, asthma bundles and principles of intensive care management of asthma
- How the MDT works to help children and families with asthma, focussing on specialised physiotherapy and psychology
- Approaches to encouraging adherence to treatment
- The work of the community specialist asthma nursing
- When to screen for aeroallergens
- The effect of climate change on asthma
- Novel asthma therapies
- Developing community asthma resilience
- Shared decision making in asthma
- Respiratory medicine team members
- General Practitioners and their team members
- Allied Health Professionals working with children with asthma